Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Feeling Really Overwhelmed

I'm really starting to feel overwhelmed.  I am sitting here writing even though I know I should be sorting, packing boxes and suitcases.  I'm feeling like I'm being pulled in so many directions and don't have enough time nor the energy to do it all.  Everyone wants to try and see us, plan dinners, etc. and I feel so bad that I can't indulge in being with them.  I'm too distracted and have too many things to do that it's hard for me to enjoy my time with visitng with others one last time.  I am also really disappointed that I haven't had time to blog and document this experience like I've wanted to.  So much has happened that I haven't been able to write about.  I'm just going to start recapping what's happened so far...

Our trip to the NW
We had a great time visiting everyone up in the Northwest in early September.  I realized that the trip started off pretty easy, and then progressively got harder and harder.  Finally the drive to the airport was when that yucky feeling in my gut hit and I knew that it was because we were leaving.  Even Manav could pick up on it and asked me, "Mama, are you feeling sad?" I said "yeah, Bubba I am sad..."  and he responds "Don't worry I'm gonna miss everyone too..."  Such a sensitive and perceptive little guy.

The Patel household is going through some tough growing pains and I hope they will be ok in the next couple of years...  It was hard to see them struggling so much, and that made it even harder to say good bye.  It was very interesting to see Manav instigating conflict with his Niki Dada.  I can tell he feels very comfortable with him and knows that Nikhil is his brother, not a friend.  Shefali, Sandi and company hosted a lovely Thanksgiving dinner for us since we'll be missing the festivities this year.  We had a turkey, ham, and all the trimmings.  It was so special and we all agreed that the food tasted much better in the middle of summer than on Thanksgiving itself!

We then made our way to Portland to visit Bhanu, Mark and Baby Rohin.  What a cutie pie Rohin is - such a lovely, charming little guy.  Manav played so well with him and it didn't instigate conflict.  In fact you could tell that Rohin wanted everything Manav had and Manav was struggling with hanging onto the toys.  We introduced Bhanu and Mark to some our friends in Portland - two very distinct couples that hopefully they will stay connected to.

We made our way back to Oly to visit Sukeshina, Joe and Suluv which was also very nice.  Sukeshina is a very affectionate person and I just want her and Suluv to be happy.  I am really proud of all her hard work in finishing nursing school.  Joe has played a really big role in making that happen for her.  Suluv is such a wonderful big brother and takes such good care of Manav.  It was so nice to see them together.

We then went to Sandi and Kate's place for a couple of nights and Manav had a blast playing the drums and we just indulged in good heart-to-hearts.  They are so fond of him and he really adores them too!  I can tell from the way he hugs them.  We went to a party and Manav invited everyone to his birthday party in Nepal.  He sat next to the most attractive woman there and chatted it up with her the entire time.  She was loving it and so was he!

Then we made our final stop in Bellevue to visit Neha's mom and dad.  It was so nice to see them and they treated us to CanAm Pizza and auntie made her amazing crab curry.  You could tell that we all indulged in lots of rice and curry.  Uncle so laboriously shelled the crab for me, it was so sweet :)  We took tons of fun pictures together and it was so nice and relaxing.  Leaving there place the next morning is when I started feeling that yucky feeling in my gut.  From that point on it's been a daily dose of the yuck in my gut...

 Yummy Thanksgiving dinner in September!

 The lovely pies that Helen made herself with our initials on top!

 They truly are brothers and love each other so much...

 The Patels, minus Maya who was taking the picture

 Visiting waterfalls right outside of Portland

 Baby Rohin and Manav - they loved playing in the dirt and picking tomatoes from the garden
 Manav and Mark showing us how much they love each other - this much!!
 Suluv and Manav smothering each other with love :)
 Sandi Masi who taught him how to jam on his drums to the Love Shack!

  Manav being "cool" with his Nani-ma and Nana-ji!

No comments:

Post a Comment