Wednesday, September 28, 2011

It All Fit...and Farewell to Rising Star, Kiwi, CCS and PIP...

This has been a remarkable week...  We are all so exhausted, both physically and emotionally.  Satish is finally resting after successfully shipping all our stuff this morning.  We had this ongoing challenge about whether things would fit and he kept reassuring me that it would.  I had a hard time believing it, but my gosh it was amazing how much they were able to pack into the wooden carton.  We are spending about $4,000 to ship 200 cubic feet of goods.  It was the perfect amount of space for all our belongings - clothes, shoes, legos, trains tracks, books, camping stove, new IKEA coach, pots and pans, knives and even our wine glasses all fit!  I am just so curious if it all makes it there in one piece.  If it does, I am truly amazed!
We can't believe it all fit so perfectly!

Farewell to the Cottage at Rising Star Montessori
Today was also Manav's last day at preschool.  I must say I am not that surprised that Manav is quite aware of everything that is happening, but I am impressed with how well he's handling it.  He keeps telling his teachers and therapists that he's going to be sad to leave because he's going to miss everyone.  But he follows it up by saying, but don't worry I'll come back and visit.  I can tell he had a hard time saying bye to Mama and Papa when they visited, and he was a bit shy and uncomfortable with all this attention on him during the farewell ceremony. We took bindhis and rakhis for his class and brought each of his teachers a plant asking them to always remember their sunshing - the name they have for Manav. 

Ms. Katrina, the principle was there and I must say I have just loved Manav's experience at this school.  They took him in and integrated him into the classroom in such a wonderful way that challenged Manav, but also helped him grow tremendously.  The transition to school was not easy, but Manav did it and he has truly thrived as a result.  We will miss all of his fabulous teachers...





Manav's Last Day with Kiwi and CCS
Manav had his final day riding Kiwi and it was so wonderful!  He was so proud of himself and enjoyed every minute of it.  Hippotherapy is another activity that has given Manav such pride and confidence.  He's trotting on kiwi where before he was so fearful of it, and now you can tell he loves it!  Manav brought an apple to give to Kiwi on her final day.  The woman who directs Xenophone started Hippotherapy programs in two other Asian countries and she has been encouraging about finding something in Nepal too.  Satish thinks maybe the military there...


The joy of riding Kiwi, one last time...

Final Playdate with Kitty and Kelsey
Manav's OT and PT from CCS have been amazing.  I learned so much about Manav just based on what they helped me learn about my own child.  They are sensitive, respectful and just tons of fun for Manav.  Manav has been at CCS ever since her was 7 months!  This place has been a place where we all have been able to grow so significantly.  We will all miss them so much!!

A picnic in the park with Kitty and Kelsey

Bye-bye PIP...
As soon as I stepped into the doors of PIP I cried...this was the place it all started.  What seemed like a nightmare ended up being the best thing in my life.  I met some amazing moms who have become my support system and women I have the utmost love and respect for.  But Karen and MaryBeth are a gift to so many families like ours.  They helped me understand Manav's CP, and accept him for the wonderful person that he is.  His love for music, silly jokes and wit were qualities they first recognized in him. They told me early on about how bright he is and how he is such an amazing little guy.  I just feel so fortunate to have had this experience...  I will definitely remain in touch with folks at PIP.


Manav riding his favorite roller coaster at PIP - Marybeth and Karen, our life savers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment